Friday, October 28, 2011

Don Giovanni is Coming


Non si picca – se sia ricca,
Se sia brutta, se sia bella; Purché porti la gonnella, Voi sapete quel che fa.

The Mets live production of Mozart's Don Giovanni is premiering tomorrow in theaters. Ive been hearing and reading mixed reviews of the opera but it should be interesting. Im also looking forward to seeing the new staging that caused millions of dollars to design. There is a limited showing of the opera, so check it out and tell me what you think. I will also be posting my review of the concert shortly after the concert.


Below is James Levine conducting the overture to Don Giovanni


2 comments:

  1. I love Don Giovanni. Ive never been the biggest fan on Mozart, to sum it up I just think he's overrated, but this is really one of the best and well thought out operas. I can't wait to see the opera tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sucks that Levine didn't conduct for Don Giovanni. I like him a lot better than this new guy. And they were so quick to announce him as the new principal conductor. The arts has no respect for tenured and once your old and broken they just kick you out on the curve. This new guy hasn't even ever conducted Don Giovanni before. Im so upset. I met Levine one and he is the nicest and most well educed people in the entire world. BRING LEVINE BACK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete